201 S Grant Avenue
Frasch Hall 422-423
Friday, March 9, 2018
10 am – 3 pm (Registration begins at 9:30 am)
Lunch and refreshments will be provided!
Lesson 1: Introduction to Return of Title IV Funds
- Recognize the general requirements for the return of Title IV funds;
- Understand when the return of Title IV funds requirements apply;
- Distinguish when the return of Title IV funds requirements don’t apply; and
- Understand when a student is considered to have withdrawn from different types of academic programs.
Lesson 2: Determining the Withdrawal Date
- Recognize the importance of properly assigning a withdrawal date when calculating the return of Title IV funds;
- Know how schools determine the withdrawal date depending upon whether or not they are required to take attendance;
- Identify the different types of withdrawals;
- Know how withdrawals are handled in programs offered in modules; and
- Understand Title IV approved leaves of absence.
Lesson 3: Return of Title IV Funds Formula
- Recognize and understand the steps of the return of Title IV funds formula when disbursed aid exceeds earned aid
Lesson 4: Post-Withdrawal Disbursements and Time Frames
- Recognize and understand the steps of the return of Title IV funds formula when earned aid exceeds disbursed aid.
Instructor: Amanda Reisinger, Zane State College
OASFAA membership is required. NASFAA membership is not required to take the credential test, but non-members will need to create a free myNASFAA account in order to take the credential test. Please review the NASFAA Credential Workshop information available here.
Cost based on option selected:
- $50 –in-person instruction, self-study guide and workbook, lunch, voucher code for credential exam
- $30 – in-person instruction, self-study guide and workbook, and lunch
- $15 – self-study guide and workbook (materials sent immediately upon receipt of payment; attendance at workshop not permitted with this option)
Payment must be received by the OASFAA Workshop Registrar, Carrie Short, before access to the workshop room will be granted. Payments will be accepted onsite (check, credit card. If you bring cash, you must have the exact amount. We are unable to make change on site.). If you/your institution is mailing a check, be sure to allow enough time for it to be received and processed by the OASFAA Workshop Registrar, Carrie Short, or you will need to pay in person on the day of the workshop. Please review the cancellation policy regarding NASFAA Credential Workshops here.
Space is limited and will be restricted to the first 30 participants.
DO NOT use your username and password to register someone else!
- This is a multi-part registration and is not complete until you reach the final invoice page.
- Need help? Contact email@example.com.
This will not only erase your registration, but it will also delete you from the OASFAA database. If the person you are registering is in the database, please request their username and password. Otherwise, register them as a new person so they can be assigned a unique username and password of their own.